International Trade Portfolio Partner
The Government of Canada’s International Trade Portfolio includes CCC, Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and Export Development Canada. CCC consistently leverages a whole-of-government approach to international trade by collaborating with its International Trade Portfolio partners and other key government partners to deliver greater support and value to Canadian exporters.
Working Together: About GAC
GAC manages Canada’s diplomatic and consular relations, to encourage the country’s international trade and to lead Canada’s international development and humanitarian assistance. This includes:
- ensuring that Canada’s foreign policy reflects true Canadian values and advances Canada’s national interests;
- strengthening rules-based trading arrangements and expanding free and fair market access at bilateral, regional and global levels;
- working with a range of partners inside and outside government to achieve increased economic opportunity and enhanced security for Canada and for Canadians at home and abroad;
- managing Canada’s support and resources effectively and accountably to achieve meaningful, sustainable international development and humanitarian results;
- engaging in policy development in Canada and internationally, enabling Canada’s effort to realize its international development and humanitarian objectives.
For GAC Employees
If you are working with Canadian exporters or government customers abroad, we have services that you should know about. Learn more.