International Trade Portfolio Partner
The Government of Canada’s International Trade Portfolio includes CCC, Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and Export Development Canada. CCC consistently leverages a whole-of-government approach to international trade by collaborating with its International Trade Portfolio partners and other key government partners to deliver greater support and value to Canadian exporters.
Working Together: About GAC
GAC manages Canada’s diplomatic and consular relations, to encourage the country’s international trade and to lead Canada’s international development and humanitarian assistance. This includes:
- ensuring that Canada’s foreign policy reflects true Canadian values and advances Canada’s national interests;
- strengthening rules-based trading arrangements and expanding free and fair market access at bilateral, regional and global levels;
- working with a range of partners inside and outside government to achieve increased economic opportunity and enhanced security for Canada and for Canadians at home and abroad;
- managing Canada’s support and resources effectively and accountably to achieve meaningful, sustainable international development and humanitarian results;
- engaging in policy development in Canada and internationally, enabling Canada’s effort to realize its international development and humanitarian objectives.