We help Canadians win more government business abroad.
International Prime Contractor is a fee-based program where we create government to government (G2G) contracts with foreign government buyers to help Canadians win more international public sector contract opportunities.
Supporting Canadian business success
When we connect a Canadian company to a government buyer, through a G2G commercial contract, we are committing to a teaming arrangement that allows us to advocate for them and their proposal, seek the right terms and conditions for contract success, and to be there to troubleshoot from project development to final payment. A G2G contract increases a Canadian company’s chances of winning the business.
Delivering Canada to the world
We also thoroughly evaluate the proposed end use of the product or service and assess the environmental and human rights impacts of the project. This ensures that the transactions we support align with the Government of Canada’s expectations of us as a Crown corporation.
Every G2G commercial contract signed by us has the legal effect of being signed in the name of the Government of Canada and comes with an assurance of contract performance
Our 2021-2022 achievements
New export contracts with Canadian companies
Value of new exports through the International Prime Contractor service
Who can access the International Prime Contractor program?
We support Canadian businesses that have experience selling internationally, sell directly to government buyers as a normal sales mode, and have a sales lead that is relatively large (>$10M) or will lead to a larger deal that will get attention at senior levels of the buying government.
We can enter into G2G commercial contracts with most governments for the sale of Canadian solutions. We can work with all levels of government – national, subnational, and municipal, as well as their agencies and government-owned enterprises.
We place a priority on opportunities in Aerospace, Clean Technology, Defence, Infrastructure, and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sectors but we also support other sectors like Agriculture and Health.
These growth sectors reflect priority areas for government buyers and align with the Government of Canada’s progressive trade agenda.
International Prime Contractor customers
What we do for International Prime Contractor customers
- Validating the sales lead and signing a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the relevant government ministry for the acquisition.
- Establishing a service agreement or Teaming Arrangement with a Canadian company with a solution to meet the needs of the government buyer.
- Defining the requirements with the government buyer and the Canadian company to pave the way for an unsolicited proposal.
- Submitting an unsolicited proposal with a Canadian company and a Government of Canada endorsement of the company’s technical, managerial, and financial strength to deliver on the contract.
- Coordinating government of Canada advocacy for the government to government (G2G) commercial contract.
- Negotiating the G2G contract with the government buyer and undertaking the role of Prime Contractor.
- Issuing a domestic contract to the Canadian company that passes through the contractual obligations of the international contract.
- Managing the contract performance of the Canadian company and administering funds from the government buyer.
- Providing a government of Canada guarantee that the contract will be performed in accordance with its terms and conditions.
Why choose International Prime Contractor
For Canadian companies
Engage high-level government buyers
We use a whole-of-government approach to work with senior level government officials to help advance pursuits.
Gain a competitive advantage
As the Government of Canada’s international G2G contracting organization, we stand behind our exporter’s offer, increasing the buying government’s confidence in the transaction.
Navigate complex markets
We reduce political, corruption and payment risks. Payments and cash flows are executed through us, as part of our role as Prime Contractor.
Accelerate the selling process
The efficiency of our unsolicited proposal approach saves the time and cost of a traditional procurement process.
Differentiate your proposal by elevating it to a government to government contract.
For Government buyers
Facilitate faster procurements
Often governments can procure on a government to government basis using a simpler and faster procurement process. We satisfy urgent and compelling needs with unsolicited proposals and our nimble and flexible contracting approach.
Reduce procurement contract risk
Involving us reduces the risk to all parties, may improve the financial viability of a project, and our due diligence process promotes responsible business practices.
Improve project outcomes
We provide a unique Government of Canada assurance that the contract we sign will be delivered per the terms and conditions, and we manage the contract to completion.
We offer reliable companies, a guarantee of contract performance and an enhanced relationship with the Government of Canada.
Download our white paper on the benefits offered by CCC through a government to government contracting approach.
If you answer yes to these questions, we want to know about your Canadian business and help you win more contracts internationally.
Not quite ready?
CCC offers a number of services for you to be successful with government procurement opportunities.